Applications for the Ordre des architectes du Québec (OAQ) 2023 Awards of Excellence have officially opened until January 30, 2023. The organization is offering a reduced price for architects who submit a file before December 15, 2022. Architects must be a member of the OAQ to submit a project.
The OAQ Awards Committee has decided to abolish the categories according to which the awards have been awarded until now. From now on, applications will be evaluated as a whole, according to criteria that reflect the vision of socio-ecological transition that the OAQ has adopted. This modality aims to promote the nomination of projects that are more modest or more difficult to categorize.
The 2023 jury will be composed of the following:
- Renée Daoust, president of the jury, architect, urban planner and senior partner, Daoust Lestage Lizotte Stecker, architecture
- Isabelle Beauchamp, associate architect, Blouin Tardif Architectes
- Rami Bebawi, associate architect, KANVA Architecture
- Vladimir Topouzanov, Associate Architect, Saia Barbarese Topouzanov Architectes
- Laure Waridel, ecosociologist, associate professor, Institute of Environmental Sciences at UQAM, columnist at the Journal de Montréal.