Companies shortlisted for Milton District Hospital expansion
Infrastructure Ontario and Halton Healthcare Services have announced the three teams shortlisted to design, build, finance and maintain the Milton District Hospital expansion project.
Based on a request for qualifications process that began in August 2013, three teams were shortlisted and will be invited to respond to a request for proposals, expected to be issued in spring 2014. Each of the teams includes a developer, design/builder, finance group and a facility maintenance provider:
Hospital Infrastructure Partners
- Developer: Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Capital Inc., Fengate Capital Management Ltd.
- Constructor: EllisDon Corporation
- Architect: Parkin Architects in joint venture with WZMH Architects Financial Advisor: Scotiabank Facility Manager: Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Corporation
Milton Healthcare Partnership
- Developer: HOCHTIEF PPP, Innisfree Limited
- Constructor: Bondfield Construction Company Limited, Canadian Turner Inc.
- Architect: Diamond Schmitt Architects Inc in association with Gunsul Frasca Architects Financial Advisor: Investec Facility Manager: Honeywell
- Developer: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd.
- Constructor: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Architect: B+H Architects
- Financial Advisor: RBC Capital Markets
- Facility Manager: Johnson Controls
The expansion project will focus on increasing the most in-demand services and facilities at Milton District Hospital. This includes: emergency, surgical, critical care, maternal newborn, diagnostic imaging and support services, as well as medical/surgical inpatient units. With connections to the existing facility, the new addition will significantly increase the size of the hospital. The new addition will target LEED Silver certification.