The Lima Art Museum (MALI) has announced the launch of an open competition for the design of its new contemporary art wing.
The project will include a library, gallery spaces, classrooms, workshops, a café, a public plaza, access to a future metro station and a landscape proposal for the park where the museum is located.
The goal is to establish the MALI as a new civic and cultural platform in the city, as well as a referent for future competitions regarding the design of public spaces in Lima.
- Prerequisites: Established architect who can demonstrate, through previous projects, the capacity to take on a project of this scale.
- Program Area: 6,000m2 (not including public plaza and landscape proposal)
- Prizes: Three unranked finalists, 10,000 USD each
- Competition Launch: May 2, 2016
- Registration Deadline: June 3, 2016
- Competition Deadline: June 30, 2016
- Winner Announced: July 11, 2016
For more information, click here.