National Bank is pleased to announce the partners it has enlisted to work on its new head office, which will be located at 800 Saint-Jacques Street West in central Montreal. The design process for the head office will continue over the coming months and will involve employees. As shown in the notional rendering below, the design will aim to emphasize natural light, as well as user-friendly spaces that encourage collaboration.
The newly assembled team consists of the following firms:
- Project management partner: DECASULT
- Architecture: Menkès Shooner Dagenais LeTourneux Architectes1
- General contractor and project manager: Broccolini
- Structural engineering: WSP
- Electromechanical engineering: Bouthillette Parizeau | Pageau Morel
- Civil engineering: Marchand Houle et associés
- Structural contractor: Pomerleau
- Landscape architecture: Claude Cormier et associés
Devencore will act as the advisor and broker for the sale of the building at 600 De La Gauchetière West. The selected firms were evaluated on criteria related to their value propositions, such as their expertise, teams, and work processes.
New Head Office Features:
- The tower will cover 1,000,000 square feet. The Bank plans to include an on-site daycare centre for its employees.
- The design will emphasize collaborative, modern, bright, and technology-driven spaces. It will draw on the concepts used to create the existing collaborative spaces at the Bank.
- The Bank will create a 40,000-foot park, open to the public, at the foot of the building.
- The building design will meet the highest environmental and quality standards.
- National Bank is assuming the role of developer for this project.