Laval’s new mixed-used project, Espace Montmorency, is a $450 million urban hub located in the heart of the city, with convenient transportation connected to Montréal’s Montmorency metro station.
“Laval welcomes Espace Montmorency, an avant-garde urban development that fits directly into our strategic vision for the City’s future. With its residential spaces, places of business, retail shops and common spaces, Espace Montmorency will contribute to the emergence of an innovative, human-scale neighbourhood that will contribute to the growth and vitality of downtown Laval,” said Marc Demers, Mayor of Laval.
Espace Montmorency will be equipped with a variation of services for the community and visitors including: offices; cafés; restaurants; a hotel; residential units; and inviting green spaces.
To create a community within the project, this section will integrate three of Sélection’s flagship products:
- Frïdom offers 200 boutique apartments at a monthly “all-inclusive” price to a target clientele aged 55 and over.
- REZ is aimed at young households, professionals and families and offers 300 rental units.
- Yimby, a banner designed by and for Millennials, will offer 200 units for people fewer than 35, according to developers.
“We are proud to contribute to Espace Montmorency, an innovative project that embodies a new way of thinking about urban development. This flagship project for the city of Laval is in line with our mission to create communities, by building living spaces that foster business relationships and bring together individuals of all generations. The emergence of this new dynamic neighbourhood will have a significant economic and social impact,” said Réal Bouclin, Founding President and CEO, Groupe Sélection.
Alongside its housing and neighbourhood services, common spaces will be constructed to encourage intergenerational mingling and cultivate a sense of belonging for those who work, live or play at Espace Montmorency.
Slated for completion in fall 2022, the Espace Montmorencey project will be divided into three parts to facilitate construction management:
- The first part involves the construction of an underground parking with 1,400 spaces that connects the project to Montréal’s Montmorency metro station
- Part two involves the construction of towers one and four, which will house 700 residential units over 635,000 square feet.
- The third portion includes constructing tower two. This tower offers 350,00 square feet of space, as well as a 180-room hotel.
To take advantage of this unique living space, Groupe Sélection has moved its head office to Espace Montmorency; where their employees will perform in a modern and user-friendly workspace.
“Espace Montmorency is an important project for Laval that has been widely anticipated by the community. Not only will this bold development create more than 3,200 jobs, it will be at the heart of a new urban area in Laval where business, culture and community will coexist. Its strategic location near major arteries, public transportation and knowledge institutions, coupled with densification and a mix of uses, make Espace Montmorency a centrepiece of downtown Laval,” said Normand Bélanger, President and CEO, Fonds immobilier de solidarité FTQ.