The ULI Awards of Excellence recognize superior development efforts in the private, public, and non-profit sectors. Winning projects represent the highest standards of achievement in the development industry, and today the real estate and land use industry widely recognizes the ULI Global Awards for Excellence as one of its most prestigious awards programs.
- The Awards for Excellence recognize the full development process of a project, recognizing both development projects and programs.
- Among projects, the Awards recognize a wide variety of product types, including office, residential, retail, industrial, hotel, mixed use, planned community, open space, and more.
- Programs are initiatives, processes, or policies that guide or enhance development.
- Submissions are open to all, not just ULI members.
Early Bird Deadline – December 18, 2020
Deadline – January 8, 2021
Late Deadline – January 22, 2021
PROJECTS – In 2021, the awards will recognize Projects in the following categories:
- Open – All Project Types
- A development project that is not pursuing the Equitable Development, Resilient Development, Small-Scale Development, or Urban Open Space sub-categories.
- Equitable Development
- The project demonstrates a more equitable approach to development. The submitter will need to respond to additional questions specific to this category.
- Resilient Development
- The project demonstrates a more resilient approach to development. The submitter will need to respond to additional questions specific to this category.
- Small-Scale Development
- A project that is under 100,000 square feet (9,290 square meters).
- Urban Open Space
- A project that is predominantly outdoors and is open and inviting to the public. Includes parks, plazas, squares, memorials, trails, and other non-traditional park and open space formats. The submitter will need to respond to additional questions specific to this category.
PROJECTS are eligible to apply if they:
- Are financially viable; for public sector/non-profit this means demonstrating a reasonable use of financial resources
- Are substantially complete; and
- Are in stabilized operation.
In addition, Urban Open Spaces must be:
- predominantly outdoors; and
- open and inviting to the public.
PROGRAMS – In 2021, the awards will recognize:
- Growth management strategies, publicly guided development programs and policies, and other built environment initiatives.
- Programs related to equity, resilience, or open space, please select the Program category.
PROGRAMS are eligible to apply if they:
- are financially viable, if applicable; and
- have been substantially implemented.
For more information please visit: ULI Americas Awards for Excellence | ULI Americas